DigitalOcean provides One-Click install wordpress on their SSD VPS. You can use promo code to get a couple of months free VPS. Ok, log in your account and start to install wordpress quickly.
1. Register your domain name at domain providers such as Godaddy or Namecheap. Create Droplet at DigitalOcean, input your hostname. We use webtest.com for example.
2. Select size
There are simple pricing and high volume plans you can choose. All plans are standard with SSD. Digitalocean charged by minutes. For example, 512MB server just to test something for a couple of minutes will only cost you $0.007.
3. Select your datacenters.
Test datacenters speed. Below are links to test the speed of AMS, New York, San Francisco and Singapore network:
4. Select Image.
Here you can select Applications->Wordpress on ubuntu 14.04.
5. Settings and create your droplet, finished.
- VirtIO provides enhanced network and disk I/O throughput and is enabled by default.
- Enable private networking.
- Enabling backups costs 20% of the Droplet’s price per month. The create will take longer than 55 seconds to enable backups for your droplet.
Click create droplet and finished. Get your root password at your account email.
Problem with Restricted Area
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.
After you have completed the WordPress installation, you’ll see this information when your login your wordpress. It can be an additional layer of security, relying on WordPress’s own authentication mechanisms.
To remove the information, you’ll need to log into your VPS through SSH. Log into it as root with your putty, the password in your email.
In the file apache2.conf, find the section with the “/wp-admin/” section. You may see it like this.
Add ‘#’ before each line like this:
Ok, restart the apache2 service.
OK, you have remove the error information to access.